Audio Driver Problems
Flix makes use of a custom audio driver. If you receive a message stating that the audio driver isn't working, here are some things to try. Feel free to email me about this for further assistance.
Logging Back InTry logging off of Windows and logging back in. There is always a chance that the driver installed correctly but wasn't visible to the program at first.
Manual InstallTo try manually installing the driver:
- Right click on an empty spot in your taskbar at the bottom of your screen and select "Start Task Manager".
- Go to the "Processes" tab and click the "Image Name" column header to sort in alphabetical order.
- Find and click on "flix.exe", then right click and select "Open File Location".
- Use the address bar at the top of the resulting Windows Explorer window. Find a blank spot and click, then right click the selected text and select "Copy". The folder should look something like: C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\11AQPZMG.0B1\N8MG4HWA.H0C\flix..tion_8644940c6cff00f0_0001.0000_22f35c24836d334f
- Click your Start button and type "cmd", then press ENTER. A command prompt should open.
- Type "cd ", then right click and select "Paste", then press ENTER. Your screen should look like:
- Now type "install" and press ENTER. You should see:
- Click "Yes".
Verifying The Driver is Installed
If you right click on the volume icon in the bottom right corner of your screen and select "Playback Devices", you should see something like:
Notice the "Flix Audio Driver".